High End Sunday/Vintage Monday Combined - Versace Lacquer V02077

Happy Sunday everyone!  Life has been so hectic lately that I haven't been able to really post anything. But after receiving another long time lemming of mine, there was no way that I was NOT going to post this baby.

Versace's Heat Nail Lacquer V2077-W is a multi-chrome polish in a blackened base that shifts from red to green to gold to purple at extreme angles.  This polish is LONG discontinued & I have been scouring the earth for it for YEARS! I've searched eBay, foreign auctions, blog sales, yard sales, Craig's List, Flea Markets, Estate Sales & Salon Sales.  I've even gone on "dusty shopping trips" & asked every single person I know to look out for this elusive polish.   And just when I thought I would never own this beauty & had given up ALL hope,  a very good nail buddy of mine "gifted" this beauty to me without asking for anything in return!  I am so humbled & honored by her generosity & so thankful for such a sweet friend.
Versace V2077-W  is said to be a dupe for Clarins 230 lovingly referred to as "unicorn pee".  It is also long discontinued but is easily obtainable on eBay if you're willing to pay the hefty price tag for it.  I happen to own this one as well & although they both have the same shifting qualities, they are not dupes.  Clarins 230 has a Purple/Maroon base & Versace v2077 has a rich blackened base.  I must admit, I prefer Versace.  It applied like butter, looked better with my skin tone, dried super glossy & doesn't have the horrible smell that Clarins 230 has.  (I will be doing comparisons of all my Clarins 230 dupes at a later date).

Taking photos of Versace on it's on was so frustrating!  The shimmer would not translate in the photos! UGHHHHH!!  Because I wasn't able to properly capture the shifting qualities of Versace V2077 on its own,  I decided to layer it over one of my own frankens called "Lucky Charms".  Lucky Charms is an extremely saturated multi-chrome polish that has the same shifting qualities as "Unicorn Pee".  It shifts from red to green to gold & can be worn on its own.  My accent finger shows Lucky Charms on its own on half the nail.  The other half is one layer of Versace V2077 painted over it.  The color shift picked up on camera MUCH better this way.    I'm totally in love with this polish!  Words can't even describe but hopefully my pictures will.
Above picture indirect sunlight
Close up/Indirect Sunlight
Above Picture Direct Sunlight
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read each & every comment! I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

up